Based in Eugene, Oregon
July 7, 2014
Steam PC / Mac
Contraption Maker gives you a sandbox full of physics objects to build ridiculous chain reactions that do simple tasks in overly complicated ways. Make toast with a cat and dynamite, or pop a balloon by using trampolines and an army of miniature handymen. Solve puzzles or make your own crazy contraptions and share them with friends. The game is now in full 1.0 release on Steam after being in Early Access since September 2013. Android, iOS, and Steambox versions are on the roadmap for release. The game does not end at 1.0. Spotkin is supporting the game as a living product, and continue to release updates.
Contraption Maker is a spiritual successor to the classic puzzle game, The Incredible Machine. The original designer, director, and artist are all back together to bring this game to the modern age.
- Solve puzzles by fixing broken contraptions with a selected group of parts.
- Let your imagination run wild in the Maker Lab. Create your own puzzles, or just make a fun contraption to show off.
- Real time multiplayer allows you to build together with your friends.
- Download awesome things from the Steam Workshop, or upload your own creations.
- Over 200 official puzzles, with new community puzzles added daily.
Launch Trailer YouTube
Markiplier Loving Contraption Maker YouTube
Some community creations YouTube
Fun big contraption YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "The team behind the original Incredible Machine franchise is back with Contraption Maker, an all-new spiritual successor to the classic Rube Goldberg machine puzzler"
- Bo Moore, Wired
- "The previous times Iâ€™ve mentioned Contraption Maker, people have responded with smiles and approving nods."
- Craig Pearson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "It is a from-the-ground-up modernization, with enough familiar elements to instantly excite old fans of The Incredible Machine and enough modern touches to fuel the imaginations of gamers who have never touched the original."
- Breanna Goodman, Gaming Trend
- "Why yes, I do want another Incredible Machine."
- Jason Schreier, Kotaku
- "This is a cool game that really tests your imagination."
- Sjin, Yogscast Sjin
- "Contraption Maker is catnip for engineers, â€ a phenomenal implementation of an age old formula. Bravo."
- Joseph Lallo, Brain Lazy
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Making educational software so compelling that kids around the world actually want to use it. Anywhere, anytime.
More information on Spotkin, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Contraption Maker Credits
Part and physics guru